Diversity & Inclusion
OUR DIVERSITY & INCLUSION MISSION
With 50% of our Board of Directors being women, we have strong voices that align with our mission and set the tone for our Diversity & Inclusion initiatives.
We are proud to be named one of the 2019 Best Employers for Diversity and 2019 Best Employers for Women. As we look forward, ascena retail group, inc. plans to enhance our culture of inclusion by focusing on the associate experiences that drive engagement and ensure associates feel a greater sense of belonging.
Our D&I initiatives include:
- D&I Committees, hosted at each local campus. These committees work with senior leaders, human resources and the enterprise diversity & inclusion team within the Responsibility Center of Excellence to assess and implement inclusive culture initiatives. Diversity & Inclusion committees are the fuel to creating a workplace community and a sense of belonging for all associates. Each Committee is co-chaired by a business lead and a human resources lead.
- Associate Resource Groups (“ARGs”), voluntary, associate-led groups created to support a common interest. The mission of ARGs is to promote an inclusive and productive work environment, enhance professional development, build a sense of community and create a work culture where all people are valued, empowered, and given opportunities to contribute to the business and culture. Currently, our ARGs include ascenaPRIDE, Working Parents and Patchwork Multicultural.
- Women@ascena Leadership Initiative – Enterprise-wide initiative with the mission to “intentionally and authentically empower ALL women at ascena, our customers and the communities we serve by seeking diverse perspectives, providing resources, opportunities and inspiration to elevate HER unique voice and purpose now and in the future.”
- Leadership engagement to drive accountability and integrate D&I with talent and marketplace initiatives
- Delivering D&I trainings, such as Respect In the Workplace and Unconscious Bias, to build awareness, fuel conversation, shift mindsets/behavior and cultivate more inclusive leadership and teams
- Encouraging associate participation through Associate Resource Groups (ARGs) across the enterprise
- Expanding key partnerships that align with our mission and D&I strategy